Nextdoor’s For Sale & Free section is different from other marketplaces because it has items that neighbors are selling or giving away to folks in their local neighborhoods. Often when selling or giving away items, there is a story, background or more information that the seller wants to share with their neighbors (e.g. “my daughter outgrew this bike already” or “We have too many lemons. Does anyone want to make lemonade?”) And neighbors may want to comment or react to a For Sale & Free listing, even if they do not want to purchase it (e.g. “Kids grow up so quickly” or “Central park is a great location for a lemonade stand” , or just a ♥️ or 🙂 )
Starting this week, we are beginning to rollout changes to our For Sale & Free listings to allow for these neighborly conversations and reactions.
What is changing?
- We have modified For Sale & Free listings so that:
- A neighbor selling or giving away an item can provide additional information about their item (optional)
- Neighbors who see the items for sale or free can now comment or react to the listing
Examples of a listing with additional information (on the left) and without additional information (on the right):
What is not changing?
- Neighbors who see items for sale or free can still send a private message (or DM) to the seller
- Neighbors will not see more For Sale & Free listings than before
- Sellers should continue to post items in the For Sale & Free section using the “Sell or give away” option when creating a post
- Items posted properly in the For Sale & Free section using the “Sell or give away” option will continue to have the For Sale & Free icon associated with them.
- Moderators should continue to vote to remove any items that violate community guidelines, including the guideline about posting For Sale & Free without using the “Sell or give away” option.
Why has Nextdoor made this update?
We are making these changes to allow for more neighborly conversations and reactions on For Sale and Free listings.
Why don't I see this update on my feed?
We are gradually rolling out this update to all neighbors around the world, monitoring for any potential issues that may arise. It may be a couple of weeks before you see this change in your own feed.
Questions or feedback?
For any bug reports or feature requests, please report them to Nextdoor Support to ensure they are routed to the correct team.